Second Skin - Caitlin Kittredge Second Skin is the third book in Nocturne City series by Caitlin Kittredge. I was not impressed by this book. I had hoped to be swept away. The previous book was so intense and so well structured that I became really excited with the series. However the third book was nothing like that. I was hoping a lot more intensity and a great story. It's just the opposite. First - the author does not explain why Luna got out of the force and is now with the SWAT team. There were no circumstances that could explain this change. Second - Luna pissed me off in this book. What a awful character. She's got no real structure and what she does best is to bitch. Really. Third - I really didn't like the way the author dealt with Dmitri and Luna. It was so clumsy. It's so boring the fact that all Luna does is to be with a guy then she dumps him. What a stupid werewolf. I'm really sad because the series did have a good chance to succeed. I hope the fourth book is worth spending my time with. I really am not in the mood to deal with the overly libertine Luna.